Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Blah blah tango blah blah...

To many tango dancers, this is infact what life is like... Everything that interferes with tango is just blah.. work, laundry, commute... if they are not related to tango.. they are just blah... But.. if the laundry involves tango clothes that are going to be worn that night, or if the commute involves going to tango, or if the errand involves taking the tango shoes for repair.. then it's a different story.. The soundtrack of life kicks in.. I call this the tango soundtrack, because, it seems like whenever I am dealing with anything that is remotely related to tango I get this sense, this feeling of music.. I am not actually listening to anything, but its there, at the corner of my mind, playing its tune.. like the little bird that starts chirping at an ungodly hour of the morning and wakes you up, can you get mad at that bird? I cannot..
Once that tango soundtrack kicks in everything becomes more illuminated, the lighting that surrounds you changes instantly, the people on the street seem to look at you with more meaningful eyes, your steps are more purposeful.. I cannot even keep a decent conversation with someone that I run into on the street, if I run into them while the tango soundtrack is on.. The music gets louder, and all I can do is smile and nod and hope that they don;t ask a question that requires an intelligent answer...
Why the intensity of feeling.. why?
does this happen to you too?
In a different way..

No comments:

Post a Comment